Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Philip Bloom: "Insipiens"

From Philip Bloom's Vimeo Page:

A short narrative film that I decided to shoot in a few hours after the Majorca Masterclass.

It stars Nina K (who's real name is Nino but she goes by Nina to avoid people confusing her gender!) and my new friend Ronad Vonk.

Both where students at the Masterclass and stayed on to help me shoot this little film I had in my head.

This is shot on a Sony F3 simply because I have not really shot anything on my new F3 since I got so this was the perfect chance. Although much of this would have been great with the DSLRs. this camera is simply an absolute beauty.

Lenses were the Zeiss CP.2 85mm, and the Cooke made RED lens branded 18-50 lens. I had others with me but this was alll I needed!

The handheld is shaky for a reason...it's handheld. Steadicam would give it a total wrong feel. So mixture of organic handheld and locked off tripod shots...

Check out my blog soon for info including a commentary,BTS video and loads of info!

philipbloom.net/​2011/​06/​14/​new-f3-short-film-insipiens-shot-in-mallorca-spain/​

Starring Nina K, Ronald Vonk

Music Gnossienne 2 by Erik Satie

No comments:

Post a Comment