Thursday, June 11, 2009

Public Service Announcement: Soulstice


What’s the word?

Being an independent artist, I have a lot of music-related job titles. Of those, my most coveted is that of “artist.” For the last few years, I’ve gotten to be an artist creating and executing my artist vision. The latest result of that process is my upcoming album “Beyond Borders.” Now I have to put some different, business and marketing-related hats on and try to get someone to actually buy my work. So, sorry in advance if the next few emails have a marketing flavor to them. Just know that I believe in what I’m trying to sell you, so it’s not like I’m knocking on your door with girl scout cookies or vacuum cleaners. That said…

“Beyond Borders” drops in a few short weeks yall! It’s available right now for pre-order here:

www.wanderingsoul.com/store





“Chi Worldwide Remix” featuring Naledge from Kidz in the Hall and G.O.O.D. Music artist GLC

listen here: www.myspace.com/soulstice


"Chi Worldwide" is the starting point for "Beyond Borders," just as Chicago was the starting point for my music career. It's crazy to think about the summers we used to spend playing basketball and chasing girls while I'm touring overseas or going to the Grammys with my wife on my arm. G.O.O.D Music artist GLC and Naledge from Kidz in the Hall join me on this one. Naledge and I have been traveling in the same circles for several years, but my man Matt from MAC Media put us back in touch for this remix. I met GLC about a year ago when I interviewed him for a hip hop website. He was so cool, I knew we'd end up collaborating on something. The original version of this song made GLC's mixtape, so I'm hoping he played for Kanye at some point!



peace --


SoulStice

www.twitter/ashleyllorens

www.youtube.com/chitownsoul

www.myspace.com/soulstice

No comments:

Post a Comment